PCR test for travelling abroad
PCR test for international travel in Tokyo: Get a negative certificate on the same day
Mita Kokusai Building Clinic is registered as the official medical institution of “COVID-19 Testing Center for Overseas Travelers（TeCOT）”
Mita Kokusai Building Clinic is registered as the official medical institution of “COVID-19 Testing Center for Overseas Travelers（TeCOT）” approved by the Japanese government.
▶︎ About TeCOT
We are also designated as authorized clinic by the JSTH (Japanese Society of Travel and Health).
We have issued valid travel certificates for over 140 countries
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bolivia Botswana, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czechoslovakia, Czechoslovakia, Democratic Republic of the Congo Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Fiji, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Liberia, Luxembourg, Macau, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Montenegro Jordan, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea Palau, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Portugal, Principality of Monaco, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of Honduras, Republic of Mozambique, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Tunisia Tanzania, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates (UAE)/Dubai, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, etc
We are also designated as an official partner for Hawaii and China
Eligible person to take the test
Person who needs to take the COVID-19 PCR test to go overseas
Person with valid passport
Details of the PCR test
Method: RT-PCR, Real-time RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
Sample: Nasopharyngeal Swab or Saliva
Choose either of the above according to the conditions set by your country to visit.
PCR test: 33,000 JPY (tax included)
Certificate fee: 5,500 JPY (tax included)
If you are travelling to
-Hawaii: additional fee for the certificate designated by Hawaii state 500 JPY (tax included)
-China: additional fee for IgM antibody test 6,600 JPY (tax included)
Testing Hours and Certificate Pickup Hours
|Testing Hours||Certificate Pickup Hours|
|Weekdays||8:30-10:00||Same day 15:30-17:30 or the next business day|
|10:15-12:30||Same day 18:00 or the next business day|
|15:00-17:30||After 10:30 on the next business day|
|Saturday||8:30-10:00||Same day 15:00-15:30 or the next business day|
|10:15-12:30||After 8:30 on the next business day|
-We are closed on national holidays and Sundays.
-We recommend you to pick up the original certificate (Some countries do not accept digital certificate). But if you do not have time to pick up the original certificate, we can send an e-mail with a negative certificate in PDF. Please make a request if you would like to have your certificate by e-mail.
How to make a reservation
On the day of the reservation
1. Please bring a copy of your passport with you. We need the copy to make a valid negative certificate.
Note: If you are going to have a PCR test with saliva sample, do not eat, drink, rinse your mouth, or brush your teeth for 30 minutes before the test because these actions can affect the result of the test.
2. After the reception, you will be called from the doctor for the test.
Give the copy of your passport to the doctor and tell him/her which procedure you prefer (nasopharyngeal swab or saliva) at the time of the consultation. If there are any requests, please tell the doctor.
3. After the test, you will be called for the payment. The entire process will take about 10-30minutes (reception, sample collection, payment).
4. Please come back to the clinic in order to receive your certificate. You do not need to make a reservation. Please refer to the Testing Hours and Certificate Pickup Hours above.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Is the PCR Test covered by insurance?
- A. No.
- Q. How do I receive the test results?
- A. Please come back to the clinic in order to receive your certificate. You do not need to make a reservation.
- Q. Is the PCR test negative certificate written in English?
- A. Yes.
- Q. How long does the PCR test take?
- A. The entire process will take about 10-30minutes (reception, sample collection, payment).
- Q. If I take the test on Saturday, can I get the result on the same day?
- A. Yes, you can. Please make an appointment until 10:00. Your certificate would be ready at 15:00.
- Q. Can I make a group reservation?
- A. We welcome group reservations. Please contact us and let us know your requests. We can handle more than 100 people.
- Q. Can I make a reservation on Sunday or national holiday.
- We are opened on weekdays and Saturdays only. However, we might be able to arrange special business hours in case of group reservation. Please contact us and let us know your requests.
- Q. Can you visit our place and perform the PCR test (On-site PCR test) ?
- A. We usually ask you to come to clinic. However, we might be able to arrange on-site PCR test in case of group reservation. Please contact us and let us know your requests.
- Q. We are going back to our country after Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, can we have a test?
- A. Yes.
- Q. What happens in case of positive result of PCR testing?
- A. In case of your positive result of PCR test, you are kindly asked to be isolated at your home or medical hospital, dedicated hotel where instructed by the local health authorities based on Japanese law.
Mita Kokusai Building Clinic (Map)
3F Mita Kokusai Building, 1-4-28 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 108-0073
+81-(0)3-3454-8614(For international call)
8:30 - 12:30, 15:00-17:30 (Weekdays)
If you have any questions or requests.
Please contact us from the form.